Part Two – Admission Narrative
Please read directions thoroughly prior to responding.
Write a document of 1,000 words or more addressing items 1-3 below. Answer the following in numerical order responding to each prompt as a separate response.
Applicants for our Partner joint-enrollment option only answer questions 1-3
(Note: Please let the Acceptance Committee know if English is your “second” language.)
1. Why do you want a M.Ed. in Montessori Integrative Learning and What attracted you to this program in particular? Explain how you respond to independently scheduling your academic work.
2. Each of us holds a world view that we value. How do you respond when your political, religious or social world view is challenged?
3. Recall a recent learning experience-something that you have read, listened to, or researched. What question or questions were evoked by that experience?
Note: Partnership joint-enrollment need not address question 4.
If you are applying for the Montessori Emphasis Area for Practitioners, the Montessori School Leadership program, or Teaching and Learning with children/adolescents program, please respond to Question 4 as well (Do not answer this question if you are planning to enroll under the Partner Option).
4. Please tell the Admissions Committee the name of your proposed area of concentration and what has led you towards this exploration. What are some questions you would like to investigate? If you have chosen Montessori School Leadership, please describe your role or proposed role at a given school. Let the admission’s Committee know what has lead you to this interest as well and the particular aspects of school leadership and governance that you want to learn about.
The Institute for Educational Studies has a non-discriminatory admission policy.
Application: Part Two
- Part One of the application and the application fee are required prior to submitting the Admission Narrative.
- Please upload a PDF or Word Doc. Narratives sent via Google Doc cannot be accepted.
- After receipt of all transcripts and letters of reference an Admissions Interview will be scheduled.
Need help? Please don't hesitate to contact an admissions advisor.